Sunday, April 8, 2012

Enchanted Evening


Mum bought me my very first collector Barbie in September 1996 when we stumbled across Myer Melbourne's display of Barbie dolls. Even though I was at uni and well beyond doll playing stage, Mum knew that I was (and still am) very much a girly girl at heart!         
  

A reproduction of a 1961 fashion collection, Enchanted Evening Barbie is truly elegant, wearing a pink satin gown with a draping train. I particularly like her white faux fur stole and opera length gloves. Barbie's hair is tied up in a simple ponytail (this Barbie also comes in blonde), wears matching pearl earrings and three strand choker, and clear glittered open toe heels. Her finger and toe nails are painted red to match her lipstick which is a lovely touch.























This Barbie comes with a clear stand with a removable circular clasp which interferes with the rose corsage at the waist (this means that the dolls is not securely fastened to the stand). Nevertheless the Barbie is beautiful, timeless and one of my favourites.

Release date: 1 January 1996

Label: Collector Edition
Ebay prices as at April 2012: US$10 to US$50

No comments:

Post a Comment